Most business owners know the demographic information about their customers, but this is only half of the battle.
To me, the most important item is to determine how your customer typically learns about your product or service and what motivates them to buy.
Once you have identified who your likely prospects are, you must then ask them what motivates them to buy the type of product or service that you offer. This is really knowing what your customer expects.
Here are some things to ask about:
- Do they ask friends for referrals?
- Do product reviews influence their decisions?
- Do they look for discount coupons before they purchase?
- Do they look for a Brand Name?
- Do they buy as a result of getting an ad in the mail?
- Do paid ads influence their buying decision?
- If so, where would they expect to find an ad for this type of product or service? In a paper, weekly shopper, magazine or Yellow Pages?
- Do they buy this product from a catalog?
- Do they need to see a demo before buying?
- Do they respond to telephone solicitations?
- Do they look for a convenient location to buy the product or service?
- Do they listen for ads about the product on radio or TV?
- Are there specific features that they look for whenever they buy the product or service?
- What else influence them to buy the product or service?
When you have gathered the answers to some of these questions, you can now use them to help you determine where and how you should advertise.
Let me hear your thoughts about this idea or if you can add to this list.
If you need step-by-step instructions on how to implement this and other ideas I give on creating customers, just visit Build Your Business Fast Academy and sign up for my one-on-one coaching program.
This program can help you transform your business and learn from my years of experience and success, in which I created over 6 million customers.
MY MODULES are also available as INDIVIDUAL E-BOOKS. (Download the e-books here)
Invest in the growth of your business. After you subscribe, we will arrange a phone call and I’ll show you a way to get 10/25 prospects per month on LinkedIn, as well as other marketing strategies.